Wide Range DLD®
New freedom with data downloads
Your advantages at a glance
- Data download is carried out automatically at pre-defined intervals, ensuring legal archiving deadlines are adhered to
- The downloading of driver card and mass memory data is carried out without requiring a company card in the vehicle allowing the company card to remain in the office
- DLD® saves data downloading time – the data is transferred directly from the DTCO® to the office computer or to a download archive (e.g. TIS-Web®)
- DLD® download files are compatible with other “third party” DTCO® archiving solutions
- Fleet managers have centralised control and has the possibility of receiving and using the data at any time
Data transfer at any time and from anywhere in Europe – with the Wide Range DLD®, digital tachograph and driver card data is transferred via GPRS (mobile wireless network). This makes downloading fully flexible and enables you to
download the data while the vehicle is still on the road.
The download process is controlled from the office computer, so that the company card can remain in the office without having to insert it into digital tachographs. Driver and vehicle data can be securely downloaded in compliance with the legal requirements and can be transferred directly to a data archive.
A Schedule List defines when a download should take place. It is automatically updated every time a connection is established between Wide Range DLD® and the office computer.
The downloaded files are compatible with TIS-Web and analysis solutions of other providers.
This is how data transmission works
(1) The DLD establishes a connection between the digital tachograph and the Remote TCO Manager (software is included) on your PC.
(2) Authentication takes place between the company card and the DTCO®.
Please note: You require a card reader to read the company card
(3) Secure data downloading from the DTCO® to the DLD® (driver cards and/or mass memory data), where the data is collected and encrypted.
(4) The DLD® transmits the encrypted data to the remote server via a mobile wireless network (service provider, GPRS).
(5) For TIS-Web customers the data are transferred directly to the TIS-Web server via a secure internet connection (https) and are available there for inspection and analysis. In the case of office applications, the data is transmitted from the remote server directly to the office computer via a secure Internet connection (https).
- Office PC with continuous internet connection
- Service provider and SIM card with GPRS support (inserted in the Remote Download Device DLD and activated). There are additional provider-related costs.
- Configuration software is included and only has to be installed on the PC
- DTCO from Release 1.3 with CAN 2 connection. As an option, it is also possible to connect the DLD via the front interface (if released for wireless transmission). Ask a service partner workshop for advice.
- Power supply for the device, e.g. cigarette lighter in vehicle